Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My inquiry project is going well. I have done a couple of lessons using the hands on activities versus the paper and pencil lessons. I have not analyzed my data yet, but I have noticed how easy it was to differentiate my lessons with the hands on activities. In the middle of a lesson if a child is doing well or struggling I would change my lesson to fit every child's needs. I have noticed that my students that had the paper and pencil activities had a more difficult time recognizing the coins compared to the children who used the manipulatives.
I found that using real coins worked well for manipulatives for my hands on activities. I have also found great resources at the LRC of NKU. There I was able to take out the math Basel reader that my school has and correlated my lessons to the other teachers lessons. I am looking forward to taping my lessons, and analyzing my data.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear that you are using formative assessment as you teach as well- I think that the way you have structured the lessons allow you to really get in touch with your students.

    ReplyDelete