Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I analyzed my data last night. I found out that over half of my students that participated in the paper and pencil lessons could not identify the different coins, and over 80% of them could not complete the worksheet without assistance from the teacher. With the manipulative lessons, 78% of my students identified the coins, and 93% of my students could complete the assessment correctly. I believe this is because I could differentiate each problem for each student. I also think the students find it much easier to recognize the real money over the worksheet money. Over all it was just easier for myself and the students to use manipulatives. Plus, I could invent games with the maipulative lessons.

1 comment:

  1. You can not underestimate the power of differentiation. I also think that manipulatives as so great for math. I hope you will use this in future lessons.

    ReplyDelete