Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My inquiry plans involves finding quality resources, and finding if paper and pencil learning/assessment is as effective as hands-on learning/assessment. I first have been looking for quality paper/pencil and hands-on resources. This has been very hard. Most of the best resources cost money, and working for a non-profit organization I do not really have any money to spend. I have been looking online and found a few great web sites. I would love to use some of the interactive web sites but we still have no computer. I also have found some paper/pencil worksheets as resources. I have a meeting with some of the other kindergarten teachers tomorrow to see what resources they use and if I can use any of their resources. I plan on reviewing the coins that we have learned the rest of this week, and then start my inquiry plan next week. I guess we'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. I admire you for trying to find quality resources when your own resources are so limited. I'm sure you will find something that will work for the benefit of your students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound like a challenge but teachers need to be creative. I wonder if you can write a grant to somewhere that would provide you with resources. I know there are many organizations out there with small grant foundations. That might be something that you might want to consider. But meanwhile keep looking to beg, borrow, and steal (not literally). You can make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am actually talking to a lady who writes grants right now, but it takes about two months to get the materials in that I want.

    ReplyDelete