Sunday, October 4, 2009

Task four

What was that domain? Why did you choose this domain?
The domain that I chose was domain one. I chose domain one because I feel that I need the most work in my planning of lessons. I feel like I am not engaging all of my students at specific times in the day.

Which component from this domain are you most comfortable with?
I feel that I am most comfortable with the setting instructional outcomes component. I feel that my outcomes for my lessons are well aligned, easy to understand, and suitable for most learners.

Which component from this domain do you believe most strongly ties to instruction?
To be honest I do not think that you could disregard any of the components of planning and preparation, but the component that I think ties most strongly to instruction is demonstration of content and pedagogy. I believe without the knowledge of the content and how to teach the content, one cannot teach. I also think that one must possess both aspects, not just one.

Which component from this domain would you like to zero in on in your own instruction?
I would like to learn more about demonstrating knowledge if resources. In my classroom right now I have very limited resources, and I feel that my classroom is suffering hugely for that reason. I feel that if I knew how to get quality resources my students will be able to do more hands on activities, and learn more.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that having knowledge of the content and pedagogy is crucial to the rest of the process. I hope that you can get some help from this class and others in finding resources that will help you in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you are right when you said that all components are important. I think that they all go hand in hand and it is hard to try and focus just on one. One way I have found has helped me find resources for my class is to talk to other teachers in the building. Aside from texts, other teachers have been the biggest resourse for me. I guess I am lucky that my department is so great about sharing resources. Hopefully verteran teachers at your school will be willing to share as well.

    ReplyDelete